Senior Engineer High Voltage - High Power in Hoogerheide
Over de functie
Challenge to contribute to future green aviation
Become part of the change!
Senior High Voltage – High Power (HVHP) Engineer, Components & Electronics (ECE) Design Group
Location: Hoogerheide / Papendrecht, The Netherlands
The GKN Fokker Elmo Engineering department is looking for an ambitious Senior Engineer who wants to apply his/her theoretical background, experience, interests and ambitions to the development of future Electrical (Wiring) Interconnection Systems for sustainable aircraft. Electrical Wiring Interconnection Systems (EWIS) already became more prevalent as part of the More Electric Aircraft, however today the journey to full Electric and Hybrid-Electric aircraft adds a new chapter to its technology significance. This will include both High Voltage High Power (HVHP) EWIS developments as well as disruptive technologies for the transmission of low voltage data signals.
A leading player in the design, manufacturing and support for the Electrical Wiring Interconnection Systems (EWIS) for Aerospace and Defense programs. Their innovative tools and processes support customers and represent a Unique Selling Point.
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading tier one aerospace supplier of systems and components. With over 15,000 employees across 38 manufacturing sites and 4 Global Technology Centers, they serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers with sales of £2.5bn. GKN Fokker Elmo employs >2200 employees worldwide.
As a senior engineer within the EWIS HVHP team, you will be primarily engaged in supporting our hybrid- and full-electric customer programs. The objective of these activities is to adequately support our customers during the design phases leading to aircraft certification.
As ‘airborne HVHP systems’ are an uncharted territory; We are looking for entrepreneurial and creative engineers that flourish working in a team, are capable of executing trade studies, design optimization studies, multi-physics analysis on complex and groundbreaking solutions. You have a track record in writing technical papers and master the basics of project management. In your personal knowledgebase you know about wire harness components preferably in an aerospace/defense environment, are familiar with qualification processes for our industry and last but not least you have a sincere interest in HVHP and its effects in aerospace application
You will report to the Engineering Team Lead (ETL) of the EWIS Components & Electronics (ECE) design group within Engineering. The ECE group consists of 15-20 (Senior) Engineers and will grow up to 25-30 before the end of 2022. The place of work will at the GKN Fokker Elmo Head Quarters in Hoogerheide, The Netherlands.
- 3-10 years working experience in similar fields of expertise;
- Familiair with electrical cable- and termination design or power distribution;
- System design background in AC (600-30.000 Volts) industrial cabling (automotive, vessels, trains);
- Vehicle / aircraft system integrator knowledge;
- Familiair with definition of parts and materials (assemblies) and interactions;
- Experience with electrical system modelling tools (Matlab, Ansys, Comsol, etc.).
- Familiair with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) methods;
- EMI/ EMC knowledge (how to design and predict the far/near HV cable field effects and on other systems around);
- Physical effects on HVHP system (e.g. transmission line effects, thermal and others);
- Familiair with HVHP design (electrical and thermal) verification (prepare and execute testing and/or analysis);
- Experience with certification and discussions with international (certification) authorities.
- Teamwork: Able to work constructively in a small (multicultural / multidisciplinary) team taking responsibility for assigned tasks and willing to support other team members in achieving team targets and deadlines;
- Results-driven: Able to plan own work in line with project schedules, and report progress regularly and timely in the event of issues or delays;
- Self-learning: Willing to learn and explore, share knowledge with colleagues and improve yourself;
- Communication: Fluent English in speech and writing, ability to communicate clearly and concisely (including technical reports) with flair and forthcomingness;
- Project Management; You master basic project management skills.
- Bachelor / Master degree Aerospace or Electrical Engineering or a similar subject field;
An innovative and international workplace in a company with a rich history in the field of aircraft construction. The company has a passion for technology and their staff is rightly proud of what they develop and build. At GKN Fokker Elmo, you will get every opportunity to build your career and work on your personal development!
More info / questions: firstname.lastname@example.org / +31627118339
Herken jij jezelf in dit profiel? En lijkt werken bij WFS PRO je een mooie stap? Solliciteer dan meteen. Wie weet ziet jouw maandag er binnenkort dan net zo tof uit als die van ons.Omdat we daarnaast ook nooit te oud zijn om te leren, heeft Maandag® de Maandag Acadamy in het leven geroepen. Iedere professional heeft de mogelijkheid om cursussen en trainingen te volgen, zodat jij alles uit je carrière kunt halen en de beste professional kunt worden.