Junior Mechanical Engineer in Arnhem
As a junior mechanical engineer, you will be primarily responsible for innovative and cost-effective design solutions, particularly in relation to the HyET range of hydrogen electrochemical compressors and air cleaners. The design includes improvements in manufacturability, performance, CAPEX and OPEX reduction and life cycle requirements.
You will be part of the Mechanical Department and contribute to the mechanical design, calculations and reporting required to achieve business goals. Under the direction of the Chief Mechanical Engineer, the Junior Mechanical Engineer will contribute to HyET Hydrogen's key intellectual properties and products, including electrochemical hydrogen compressors and purifiers, and will expand the product range according to the company's plans. Key design tasks and milestones include cost reduction, manufacturability and certification to global standards and requirements.
In addition, these are your responsibilities:
- You will be part of a multidisciplinary team focused on delivering project-oriented results, the teams will consist of external and internal deliverables, including R&D and optimization functions;
- You will regularly report in a clear and concise manner to the Lead Engineer on progress and development towards milestones;
- You will create innovative and cost effective concepts and designs using CAD (Solidworks);
- You will be expected to complete CAD assemblies and engineering drawings according to HyET conventions and ISO standards;
- You manage personal tasks, progress, completion, risks and non-conformances;
- You are responsible for delivering accurate and efficient designs, reports, engineering calculations and other deliverables of high quality on time;
- You will communicate with the Lead Engineer and Project Managers to clarify, define and assign engineering tasks;
- You are responsible for the timely preparation and delivery of accurate and quality reports;
- You create and maintain technical files of products, including drawing package, BoM, Manuals, Statements, etc. for approval by Lead Mechanical Engineer and COO;
- It is the responsibility of the Mechanical Engineer to apply time management skills to ensure deadlines are met.
- Engineer's tasks, priorities and delivery dates are clearly (and fairly) defined by the Lead Engineer;
- You have a HBO / WO Mechanical Engineering degree complemented by extensive relevant work experience and business and technical training in the field of engineering and project management;
- You have at least 1 - 5 years of relevant experience in the field of Mechanical Engineering Design, Manufacturing and Development Technology;
- You have a heuristic of the Dutch and English language in word and writing;
- You have working experience in the design of fine mechanical constructions, preferably in a high pressure hydrogen environment (this is recommended);
- You have well developed team and interpersonal skills;
- You have knowledge of or experience with the manufacturing industry and design for manufacturing;
- You have proficiency with common CAD systems, construction principles and tolerance analysis. Such as Solidworks or Inventor;
- You have a self-driven and motivated attitude.
- Wat bieden wij
- You will receive a good gross monthly salary based on experience;
- Appointment with a view to a permanent contract;
- You will immediately receive a contract from Hyet Solar;
- Fringe benefits;
- The opportunity to contribute to a more sustainable and cleaner world!