MEA (Membrane-Electrode-Assembly) Engineer in Arnhem
The tasks of a MEA (Membrane-Electrode-Assembly) Engineer, are mapping out all of the MEA technology trade-offs, communicating this to interdisciplinary teams, and setting the R&D projects together with the Team Leader R&D under predefined performance & cost targets. As an MEA Engineer you ensure that the MEA's can be produced with consistency, and you're able to manage new technology updates. You'll also do experiments to identify ways to improve the performance of the MEA technology and solve important challenges. You are a member of the R&D Team and report to the Team Leader R&D. These are your tasks:
- You are the ‘owner' of the state-of-the-art specification of the MEA and ensure that all materials specifications are always clear to both the production and R&D departments;
- You assist in improving the electrochemical performance of Elestor's flow battery technology, under predefined performance & cost targets;
- You have good understanding of the trade-offs – cost vs performance, and you know the markets & customers;
- Together with the R&D department you identify and analyze next generation materials and study the material degradation mechanisms and the degradation rate;
- Together with the Production Department you manage the implementation of next generation materials, and ensure all changes are documented according to the quality management system;
- You document & communicate the research outputs;
- You assist the CTO in generating intellectual property related to MEA technology.
As a MEA Engineer, you have proven skills and knowledge with developing or producing membranes and electrodes of electrochemical systems. Examples of these systems are PEM fuel cells, electrolyzers or flow batteries. You are innovative, an 'out-of-the-box' thinker and know how to ask the right questions. For this position, it's also beneficial if you have good communication skills with both scientists and engineers of various disciplines. Time management is also important, allowing you to keep working in a safe and structured way. These are the requirements:
- You have 5+ years experience in development and/or production of electrochemical cells. Preferably with fuel cell, electrolyzer or flow battery technology;
- MSc degree in Chemical or Material Engineering or a related discipline;
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal;
- Data science expertise;
- Experience with a quality management system, ERP system and in managing changes of product specifications;
- Experience with contract manufacturing and vendor relationship;
- Strong communication skills in interdisciplinary teams and projects;
- Hands-on, can-do mentality;
- Passionate in clean energy, green hydrogen, and electrical energy storage technologies.
- Wat bieden wij
Elestor has been recognized as 1 of the 10 most innovative companies in the Netherlands by both the University of Amsterdam and the Dutch Chamber of Commerce. It's one of the most innovative and fast-growing companies in the Netherlands and you get a chance to be a part of it. You can expect the following conditions:
- An instant, permanent employment contract with Elestor;
- An excellent salary depending on your current experience;
- Being part of an action-oriented and exciting work environment in a diverse and international team of highly educated professionals;
- An informal and flat organization;
- Training and education to ensure candidates and employees become successful;
- You will have the opportunity to participate in Stock Appreciation Right (SARs) program;
- Possibility to develop to Team Leader MEA.
Elestor is an equal opportunities' employer. We believe diversity aids creativity and innovation, so whatever your race, color, nationality, national or ethnic origin, sex, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability, you are welcome to join our ranks! We actively promote inclusion and we abhor discrimination. We treat all our employees, contractors, workers, job applicants, suppliers, clients and everyone else with respect.